Dogs, chocolate, and vomiting

I walked into my office this afternoon and found Mabel and Connor, two very innocent looking greyhounds, with an empty bag of Hershey Kisses on the floor.

I grabbed a turkey baster and a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, and called for Mabel and Connor to go outside. Bill held Mabel while I administered the hydrogen peroxide...she was the one who looked the most guilty and I was sure she was acting lethargic. Then Connor stepped right up for his turn (!). I was feeling guilty for leaving the chocolate where they could get it and for shoving hydrogen peroxide down their throats. Never had to do this before...when do they start vomiting? Why are they looking so miserable with their heads hanging low? Soon enough we've got greyhounds upchucking all over the yard, so I asked Bill to look and see which dog ate the Hershey's Kisses. Sure enough, it was Connor, our 3-year-old red fawn pup that we adopted a few weeks ago. He's a naughty boy and always getting into things.

However, it was soon clear that it wouldn't be just Mabel and Connor tossing their cookies. I turn around to find Bill bent over, right in there with the pups giving the ol' heave ho. Where is my camera when I need it? :)

No comments: